Thursday 19 May 2011

Melbourne Must Make Stand

Here is my latest article published on Upstart, the magazine for emerging journalists, following my recent TV review of the Little Britain boys new production, Come Fly With Me, which you can find lower down on my feed if you want to have a read!


This article however is on the Melbourne Football Club, and their recent troubles, as I suggest that it is time to put the past behind them and play for their rich heritage, loyal supporters & members, and for themselves as they face St Kilda this weekend in the AFL. If you love sport or just reading, this one is for you! Go Dees!

                                        (Picture copyright of AFL photos)
               (A dejected Colin Garland in Melbourne's 'insipid' loss to West Coast)

Here is an excerpt:
"It has been five years since Melbourne last made a finals series, 11 years since it made a grand final and 47 years since it won a premiership. Success has certainly eluded the boys from the Junction Oval.

The heat is now firmly on this proud football club. However it must stand up. The time to ‘fuel the fire’ has arrived."

Leave a comment guys & gals and let me know what you think! :)

Happy Reading!

You can also follow me on twitter @bplucas8 and also follow my blog! Would love everyone to get on board and support!

Send me an email and share your thoughts on my piece or other articles of interest that you want to share and I can link them up on the switchboard! :)

sparkadiar@hotmail.com

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment